General Plan Update
California State Law requires counties and cities to adopt and periodically update a General Plan to guide land use development. Kern County is initiating the General Plan Update and is seeking community involvement and input. This website will serve as a gateway for providing and receiving vital information.
- Sign-up for email notifications
- Use the general plan menu on the left to view other resources
- Browse the timeline below
- Attend public workshops
- Attend public hearings
- Submit comments
January 26, 2017
February 23, 2017
March 23, 2017
April 27, 2017
May 25, 2017
June 22, 2017
|September 2018 (Subject to change)|
"In addition, preparing, adopting, implementing, and maintaining the general plan serves to:
- Identify the community’s land use, circulation, environmental, economic, and social goals and policies as they relate to land use and development.
- Provide a basis for local government decision-making, including decisions on development approvals and exactions.
- Provide citizens with opportunities to participate in the planning and decision-making processes of their communities.
- Inform citizens, developers, decision-makers, and other cities and counties of the ground rules that guide development within a particular community."
(State of California General Plan Guidelines, 2003)