Agendas, Staff Reports, and Summaries can be found in the window below.
Watch hearings on YouTube (higher resolution video)
Meeting Dates: 2020
- Meets every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, at 7:00 p.m. at the Board of Supervisors Chambers. Special Planning Commission hearings may be scheduled and noticed on alternate dates/times.
- Advisory to the Board of Supervisors on adoption and amendments related to: General Plans, Specific Plans, zone changes, the Zoning Ordinance, the Land Division Ordinance, agricultual preserve inclusions and exclusions, and Williamson Act contract cancellations not involving cancellations for homesite purposes.
- Considers and takes action on: Conditional Use Permits and Tract Maps
- Planning Commission Members: Supervisorial District 1 - Gregory McGiffney; Supervisorial District 2 - Joe B. Ashley; Supervisorial District 3 - Lauren Skidmore; Supervisorial District 4 - Ron Sprague; Supervisorial District 5 - Rick Singh Jhaj
Send comments or questions to the Planning Commission
The following hearings have been rescheduled due to the local emergency declaration by Kern County
- March 26, 2020 Planning Commission Hearing is cancelled. All items scheduled for consideration are being continued until May 14, 2020.
- The April 9, 2020 Planning Commission Hearing is cancelled. All items scheduled for consideration are being continued until May 28, 2020.
- The April 23, 2020 Planning Commission Hearing is cancelled.