What are the submittal requirements for a parcel map waiver?

Applications for a parcel map waiver may be obtained at the Kern County Planning and Natural Resources counter, mailed upon request, or downloaded from the Planning and Natural Resources web site. Typically, a licensed land surveyor or registered civil engineer will submit the application on behalf of the property owner.

Once an application is submitted to this office, we will review it to determine if it is complete. An application package will consist of the following:

  • Application form, signed by the owners and agent/representative;
  • One (1) copy of a preliminary title report (less than thirty (90) days old);
  • Illustrations showing the existing configuration and the proposed configuration, prepared by a land surveyor or engineer, licensed to survey in California;
  • A legal description of each new lot, prepared by a land surveyor or civil engineer, licensed to survey in California;
  • Hazardous Waste Site Verification Statement; and
  • Preliminary review fee.


The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) requires that an environmental study be prepared for some types of projects. Parcel map waivers are usually exempt from the requirements of CEQA.

Forms and applications can be found HERE.